Chuunin Release

Chuunin has been released on Shinobi Chronicles, and the release went fairly smoothly, with only a few bugs that had to be fixed. The big thing the game needs now is a complete balance review now that things are out and have been tried by the userbase, so pretty soon I'll be making a simulator to run damage curves, looking into damage, jutsu strengths, AI strengths, bloodline boosts, even money gains vs health costs at different strengths, trying to get everything sorted out to being fair. Up to this point I haven't been personally looking at too much of the content, I've been mostly leaving that up to my content admins, but now that Chuunin is in and it'll be a while before anyone is hitting the stat caps, I have time to look over everything myself.

It's interesting being a game owner and having to oversee everything. To some extent my content admins I hired for a reason and they're good at their jobs, but it's my job to make sure their work meets my standards, and that everything fits into the grand scheme of the game, especially with balancing which is something that relies on the core of the game's systems as well. There has also been some bumps in the road with the moderating team, so I've had to help out there. All of that plus deciding what systems need to go in the game, policy for the rules, keeping track of how users are enjoying (or not enjoying) the game to feed that into all the other areas, means my job almost never gets boring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adventures of a Coder Nerd Building a Game: Where World of Bleach came from

Shinobi Chronicles

A Tale of Two Races - Macro-balancing in a PvP-based RPG